Porto Card - All you need to know
If you are visiting Porto, this card might be a very good solution for you!
What is Porto Card?Porto Card is dedicated to tourists that want to visit Porto for one, two, three, or four days. When you buy it, you can choose how many days you will use it (one to four days).
Porto Card has two modalities: Pedestrian Porto Card and Porto Card with access to public transportation.
What are the advantages of a Porto Card?
- free access to the city’s public transportation service - STCP - (bus and metro),
- free access to part of the railway system (Valongo - Espinho).
- discounts in some partner restaurants (see HERE)
- free entrance in these museums:
- Infante’s House-Museum
- Guerra Junqueiro House-Museum
- Marta Ortigão Sampaio House-Museum
- Romantic Museum
- Papel-Moeda Museum
- Port Wine Museum
- discounts on:
- Cellars of Porto Wine of Real Companhia Velha - 50% discount
- Casa Da Música - “House of Music” - up to 50% discount
- Clérigos Tower and the Church exhibition - 50% discount
- Pharmacy of Porto Museum - 50% discount
- Misericórdia do Porto Museum - 50% discount
- Arte Sacra e Arqueologia - “Sacred Art and Arquelogy” Museum - 50% discount
- Military Museum of Porto - 50% discount
- Nacional da Imprensa Museum - 50% discount
- Soares dos Reis Nacional Museum - 50% discount
- Marionetas - “Puppets” Museum - 50% discount
- Transports and Communications Museum - 50% discount
- São João Nacional Theatre - 50% discount
- Cathedral (cloister) - 35% discount
- World Of Discoveries - 35% discount
- Episcopal Palace - 35% discount
- Sea Life Porto - 30% discount
- St Francis Church - 25% discount
- Santo Inácio Zoo - 25% discount
- Palácio da Bolsa - 25% discount
- Serralves Contemporary Art Museum 20% discount
- FC Porto Stadium tour - 10% discount
Where can you buy Porto Card:
- in the following official tourism posts:
- (ground floor)
- Railway stations of Porto
- Campanhã and São Bento
- Ribeira - iPoint
- Praça da Ribeira, 4050-513 Porto
- Avenida dos Aliados - Rua Clube dos Fenianos, 25 - Porto
- Sé - Cathedral - Calçada de D. Pedro Pitões, 15 - Porto
- App on your phone
- There’s also another possibility (more convenient), which is having the app on your phone - Porto Card Official City Pass, available in the Play Store.
For those who visit the city with their own transportation, or rental, you can also take advantage of the Porto Card, not only for the discounts in the attractions and so on but also because it gives you up to 57% discount on parking lofts from SABA. In this situation, we advise you to get the Pedestrian Porto Card since you will most likely use your transportation to move through the city.
How much Porto Card costs:
READ THESE IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Porto Card is individual and not transferable - if you are traveling with your partner or in a group each person has to have THEIR OWN card to have the advantages.
- It’s valid after the filling of the date of utilization start, in the place reserved for it in the card - from the moment you acquire the card.
- Must be preserved without a folding, scratch, or getting wet.
- Not rechargeable
- You must validate the card every time you step into public transportation, at the entrance of all the metro stations, or near the bus driver in the buses.
- Grants the free entrances and discounts only once per place. It is illimited in public transportation during the time the card is operational.
- It doesn’t include the tram.
- To use the discount you must present the card before the payment.
- In case of sales, promotions, or special discounts, the entities are not obliged to add the discount of the Porto Card.